If you have a Gmail account and Microsoft outlook then you need to know how to configure outlook for Gmail.
Gmail is one of the free web-based email service developed by Google. Gmail has above 1.5 billion active users. The main purpose for Configure Gmail on outlook because some people have one or more accounts of email id’s on a different domain. Users Can access all the different domain Emails through a single outlook.
For configuring the Gmail accounts on the outlook you need to enabled POP3 or IMAP Services in the Gmail account.
POP3 (Post Office Protocol), IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) used for incoming email.
SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) used for sending email.
- Sign in www.gmail.com give the username and password then login.
2. Click on Setting
3. Click on See all settings
4. Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP
5. You can Enable POP/IMAP from here depended on you.
6. Then After Save and Exit.
Here is Importance Port number for configuring the outlook.
IMAP port : 993
SMTP port for SSL :465 and for TLS: 587
How to configure outlook for Gmail
- Open Outlook
2. On Outlook Startup Page Click on Next.
3. Next Screen (Account Configuration) select YES and Click on Next.
4. Next Screen (Add New E-mail Account) Select Manually configure Setting and click on Next.
5 Next Screen (Choose Email Services ) Select Internet E-mail and click on Next.
6. Next Screen (User Information) Fill your all the detail:-
Your Name :- Display Name
Email address,Server Information, Login Information
First Click on more Setting
7. Click on Outgoing Server Tab, Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
Click on OK.
8. Click On Advanced Tab
You give server port numbers for the incoming and outgoing mail server and click on OK.
9. Next Screen (Congratulations for Email Configuration) Click On Finish.
Thanks for reading, please comment below about this blog.