In this article, We will know how to fix black screen issues in Laptops such as Dell, HP, Lenovo, Asus, Acer, etc, from different points of view.
Black Screen is one of the top issues on laptops, computers, and any Digital Device. In Black screen Display, many more people notice that his computer is booting properly all are functions of the computer is working fine such as LED light on the computer, CPU fan is functions well but the problem that not able to see the Display.
There have many laptop users seeing its empty black screen with just moveable mouse pointer but nothing else that called BSOD (Blue screen of Death) Display error. BSOD error comes on all the brands of the computer that indicates that maybe some problem is coming on your computer.
What is the root cause of Black Screen on Laptop, Computer?
We have categories the root cause of Black screen on Laptop, Computer or PC as two types as Hardware and Software on different possible reason.
The Common root cause of Black Screen on Laptop, Computer related to Hardware Include are following-
- Display Faulty.
- RAM issue.
- SMPS problem.
- Motherboard Issue.
- CPU Overheated.
- CMOS battery Issue, etc.
The Common root cause of Black Screen on Laptop, Computer related to Software Include are following–
- Display Drivers Issue.
- Windows Update issue.
- Malware and Virus Attack, etc.
If you are getting a Black Screen on a Laptop or computer then follow these easy steps that can solve the issue.
How to Fix Black Screen issue in Dell, HP Laptop?
If you are getting a Black Screen issue in any computer that can follow the below steps will help to solve the issue.
Condition:1 Display Not Coming–
Note:- If you have knowledge of Computer Hardware and have Toolkit then follow below steps otherwise contact your nearest concern person or service canter.
1. Verify your Display
This is the first step to fix the black screen error on the computer. You should connect your computer to another LED may be LED display has a fault.
If you are using computer then you can verify your VGA cable and HDMI cable that can fault. In Laptop you can also connect from external Display Device.
If you Display is working fine then Follow Method-II.
2. Verify Your RAM
If your Display is not coming then verify your RAM is working condition is very simple but make sure have knowledge of How to Open and Close your Laptop or computer. If you have not knowledge then follow these steps-
- Open your Computer or Laptop from Tool kit.
- If you are using more than one Ram then reinstall your RAM after clean the RAM.
- Unplug your RAM and Power on your PC. If you are getting 3 beeps sound then your RAM is faulty.
- If your RAM is faulty then change the RAM.
The some of the Error beeps of POST are followings-
- Short beep– Normal POST- System is OK.
- 2 short beeps– POST Error code is shown on screen.
- No beep- Power supply or system board problem.
If your RAM is working fine then Follow Method-III–
3. Verify Your Laptop Motherboard
Most of the cases of Black screen belongs to Motherboard. If you are not IT professional then you can only verify from beep sound. To verify Motherboard follow these beeps sound.
- Continuous beep- Power supply, system board, or keyboard problem.
- Repeating short beeps– Power supply or system board Problems.
- 1 long, 1 short beep- System board Problem.
- 1 long or 2 short beeps- Display adapter problem.
- 1 long, 3 short beeps- Enhanced Graphics Adapter.
If you found any board problem then Replace the Board or Repaired the board. If have not any problem on Board then Follow Method-IV.
4. Verify your Computer SMPS
SMPS fault very low chances on Black screen because your computer is working but if SMPS Connector, SMPS loading issue then that condition you should replace your laptop SMPS.
5. Verify your processor if Overheating CPU paste
If you are getting Black screen on Laptop, Computer Overheating of CPU can one of the reason of them. To prevent Overheating processor thermal interface material on CPU.
I will advise if your processor is going Overheating then contact the service center.
Condition: II Display Coming but only Black Mouse cursor showing
6. Start Computer in Safe Mode
To start computer in safe mode follow below link-
7. Update Windows security and update
To update Windows security and update follow these steps-
8. Scan Your Computer
If you are using the internet then one of the reasons may be “your pc ran into a problem” due to virus infection of the system. If you are using Windows 10 then make sure your Microsoft Windows Defender should be up to date.
If you are using a third-party antivirus then you need to scan your computer and also you used internet security antivirus that prevents external attacks.
9. Update Display Adapter
Display Coming but only Black Mouse cursor showing then display adapter play one of the vital role to solve the issue. To update Display adapter driver follow these steps-
- Navigate to run by holding (Windows+R) keys.
- type hdwwiz.cpl and press enter.
- Right-click on Display adapters and click on update drivers.
4. . From two ways you can update the driver such as Manual or automatic from the Internet.
5.Manually Installed Driver. If you want to install the driver manually browse Driver location then click on OK then follow the installation process according to requirements.
6. If you want to Update the driver online then select ” Search automatically for updated driver software” and click on Next.
7. After Update Driver Restart your Computer.
So, This is all about the “How to Fix Black Screen”. Please comments on this article. if you have any doubts and queries please Comments to us.
We hope that you like this Article and helpful for the “How to Fix Black Screen issue in Laptopn“. You can also Join Us from Social Media Pages Like Facebook and Twitter.
Thanks For Reading, Have A Nice Days.