if your File explorer not Responding on Windows 10, You don’t worry because in this Article We are going to solve this issue from the top 11 ways.
What is File explorer ?
File Explorer is a file Manager Application that provides detailed information about files, Folder, and Drivers. You can use it to see how your files are organized and can copy, move, rename, and search for files and folders. Files Explorer, previously known as Windows Explorer.
Files explorer is a GUI ( Graphical User Interface ) for user communication for access Files, Folder, and Drive. Files Explorer makes it easy to file Folder From Windows Operating Systems.
File Explorer is also components of Operating Systems that provide many for features such as Desktop, Taskbar, Documents, Download, System Specific Folder, Drive, etc.
File Explorer is one of the key components of Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Or Windows Operating System because we can not bethink and easily drive Computers without File Explorer.
What is Features of File Explorer on Windows 10?
Apart from the above, File Explorer also Provide the Features that are followings-
- Pin to Quick Access.
- Cut, Copy, Paste,Move, Delete, Rename etc.
- Ease of Access, Select All, Ease of Access, Invert Selection.
- Sharing and Authentications.
- Provide various types of View such as Navigation Pane, Preview Pane, Detail Pane, Extra large Icon, Small Icon, Tiles, List Content, Details, Sort By, Group by, Hidden and File name extension, etc.
However, We know File explore is the main key of OS but sometimes it creates the issue “file explorer not responding”. In this article, We are going to troubleshoot this issue from 9 various ways.
What is root Cause of File Explorer not responding?
The main root cause of “File Explorer not responding” maybe OS drive not enough Space, Some problem in the User profile, Display Issue, File damage or corrupted, etc.
How to Fix File Explorer Not Working on Windows 10?
Table of Contents
If your File explorer is not working on Windows 10, Windows8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, etc. You just follow these easy steps that can easily solve your issue.
1. Restart File Explorer using Task Manager
If your file explorer not responding such as your Desktop is not responding then from the task Manager you can easily restart File Explorer.
How to Restart File Explorer using Task Manager?
For Restart Task Manager Follow these easy steps-
- Navigate to Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Shift+ESC Key.
- Navigate Windows Explorer, Right Click on Windows Explorer and Click on End Task.
3. Click on File on Top Pane, Select New task.
Type explorer.exe and Click on OK.
From the above steps your issue can be resolved. If not resolved then Follow solution:02
2. Restart File Explorer using Command Prompt
If you are not able to Open File Explorer from task Manager, you can try to restart File explorer Using Command Prompt.
How to Restart File Explorer using Command Prompt?
For restart File explorer using Task Manager Follow these easy steps-
- Navigate to Start Menu Search CMD, Run CMD as Administrator by Right Click on It.
2. Used following Command on CMD and press Enter.
- taskkill /f /im explorer.exe– Used for stop File Explorer Services.
- start explorer.exe – Used for start Explorer Services.
Hopefully from the command prompt, you are getting file explorer components. if not resolved then follow solutions-3.
3. Change Display Settings.
High resolution also may be create the issue of file explorer not responding. So you should first change Low resolution Display and then observer.
How to Change Display Setting on Windows 10?
- Right Click on Desktop and select Display Settings.
2. Select any low resolution and click on Keep changes and Ok.
If from the above steps your issue can be resolved. If not resolved then follow Solutions N 4.
4. Check C drive Space or Installed OS Drive Space.
If your computer C drive has no space then it will create the issue “file explorer not responding” and not able to load File Explorer Components. If your C drive or Operating System has used space has been full then clean some files or moved and Restart Your Computer.
If your computer use space not full then follow solutions 5.
5. Restore File explorer and Clear History
If you are getting issue file explorer not responding or Windows Explorer Not responding. If working but slow responding then removed file explorer History that can be too useful for solving the issue.
How to restore and Clear File Explorer History?
For removed file Explorer History Follow these easy steps-
- Navigate to Run (Windows +R) and type Control.
2. Click on File Explorer Options on Left pane,
In Privacy Sections, Click on Clear then after Restore Defaults and Ok.
Still you have same issue then Follow Solutions N 6.
6. Run File Checker Utility
SFC Scan file Checker) the utility is one of the best utility for repaired Corrupted file and Windows Missing file such as .DLL missing file. SFC file checker was first introduced on Windows 98 Operating System for prevented malicious attack, Corruptions, or repaired the such as .DLL missing file.
We use the SFC file for prevented from external attach, System File Repaired, and file corrupted.
How to Run SFC Command?
For run SFC command follow following steps-
- Navigate to Start Menu, and type CMD.
- Right, Click on CMD and Run As Administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow (For repair Windows File, Corrected File).
- if you want to only View then type – sfc /verifyonly for no repair.
hopefully, your issue “file explorer not responding” has been resolved. If still the issue then follows solutions 7.
7. Windows Update
If your File explorer not responding properly then it may be a problem of Windows Updates. You should Update your computer on up to date.
Windows Update provides the package of security and bug related update both hardware and software. Windows Update can be useful for the fix unexpected kernel mode trap.
How to Windows 10 Update?
For Update Windows 10 follow these easy steps-
- Click on the Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Update and Security (Windows Settings).
- Click on Check for Updates(Windows Update).
- Install Update and Restart Computer.
So, This is all about the “file explorer not responding” on Windows Computer.
The Fixes mentioned in this article will help you to solve the issue. All you need to do is follow these solutions one by one until the issue resolved.
We hope that you like this Article and helpful for fix your issue. So We will request this Articles with the users having same issue.
You can also Join Us from Social Media Pages Like Facebook and Twitter.
Thanks For Reading, Have A nice Day.
You may be Also Read..