Hey! are you an android phone user? and frustrated with an error “something went wrong please try again” so you are in the right place, in this blog we’ll learn about to fix the above error.
Many android phone users notice that while trying to open the Play store or another android application such as Google Pay, IRCTC Rail Connect, Facebook, Instagram, PhonePay, Snapchat, Youtube, etc, they get an error “something went wrong please try again”.
Have you ever been in a situation where something didn’t quite go as planned? It can be a frustrating experience, especially when you’re not sure what went wrong or how to fix it! Troubleshooting is an important skill to have in life and can help you stay calm and figure out solutions when something doesn’t work.
By understanding the principles of troubleshooting, you’ll be able to take a step back, assess the situation, and move forward with confidence. If you want to watch movies on youtube and that time getting this type of error causing a lot of trouble to users. Sometimes it happens that you have got an error in Google’s service, other than that all other apps are running properly.
This type of error occurs while opening the apps-
What is the root cause of “something went wrong please try again”?
Table of Contents
There are probably reasons for the “something went wrong please try again” error. Let us go through the root cause one by one.
- DateTime Issue.
- Temp or Cache file on storage.
- Permission is not allowed for particular apps.
- Google login status may be signed out.
- Google play services will be disabled.
- Account sync Issue.
- Restricted Data Usage.
- Update pending, etc.
How to Fix the “something went wrong please try again” error on Play Store, Paytm, Google Pay, and Youtube?
1. Check the Internet Connection and Try Again
This is the basic step for solving the above error. It may be that your data or Wi-Fi is turned off. Sometimes this problem can occur if your internet is unstable. Once you close and open your play store or android app.
2. Check Your Phone date and Time
This is a very rare chance that the date and time of your phone are not correct. Still reset your phone’s time once. If your network provider time is off then this issue can come. To set a date and time on your phone follow these steps-
- Navigate to phone Settings and Search date & Time.
- Tap on ”date & Time”.
3. If your date & Time is not correct and “network-provided time is off, set time according to network-provided time Turn on Trigger.
If your problem still persists then should try solutions number 3.
3. Clear Temp Data & Cache Files
Short storage and also cache files may be one of the reasons for the “something went wrong please try again” error. It might be your storage is full, or lots of storage of cache and temp files in your phone. Your phone storage or Temp files will be deleted. To delete Temp Data & Cache Files follow these steps-
- Navigate to Boost Speed.
- Click on Clean Now.
- Select Cache files and click on Clean Up.
4. After Cleaning up cache files restart your phone.
4. Clear Cache data of the affected Application
Clear any application cache data is recommended to remove old history from the phone. To remove cache data from any android app follow these steps-
- Hold on to affected Apps and click on app info.
- Click on Clear Data.
- Click on Clear Cache and OK.
- Restart Your Phone.
5. Disable/Enable Google Play Services
If you are getting an error “something went wrong please try again”, then might be your Google Play services will stop or hang. Once you disable and then after enabling your Google Play Services. To Disable/Enable Google Play Services follow these steps-
- Navigate to Phone Settings.
- Click on Apps.
3. Scroll Down and Tap on “Google Play Services“.
4. Once you tap on Disable/Enable and restart your phone.
6. Remove Restricted Data Usage
Many Users notice that mobile apps such as the Play Store, Youtube, and Google Drive are working fine on the Wi-FI network but while trying to use data through mobile data showing an error. Restricted data usage is one of the reasons for it. To remove Restricted data Usage follow these easy steps-
- Hold on to the App and tap on app Info.
- Tap on Restricted data usage.
- Remove the check from Mobile data.
- Now try again.
7. Update your App
If you are getting this error on some particular apps, then might be outdated or corrupted apps the reason for the error is “something went wrong please try again”.To update your app on android follow these easy steps-
- Navigate to the Play Store and search for the App.
- Click on Update.
- After the update verify your issue.
Similarly asked questions–
something went wrong please try again on Play Store.
something went wrong please try again on Youtube.
something went wrong please try again on Paytm.
something went wrong please try again on Rail Connect App.
something went wrong please try again on Instagram.
something went wrong please try again on Facebook.
something went wrong please try again on Google Pay.
- 5 Ways to Fix “The Printer couldn’t print this document error printing on Epson”
- 5 Ways to Fix “Failed to obtain IP Address” Wi-Fi error on Mobile or Laptop
- 5 Ways to Fix “Aw Snap Chrome error” code- STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH