“Page Fault in NonPaged Area ” is a critical issue for computers. In this blog, we will try to solve this issue from 5 different fixes.
What is nonpaged Area?
The Nonpaged Area consists of virtual memory addresses that are guaranteed to reside in RAM or physical memory as long as the corresponding kernel objects are allocated. The Nonpaged consists of virtual memory that can be paged in and out of the system.
“Page Fault in NonPaged Area ” is a Blue screen error commonly called BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) or Blue Screen is an error screen that indicates that your computer crash and your Operating System has reached where not operate safely.
Page Fault in Nonpaged Area comes after generally hardware failure or a crucial process terminated unexpectedly. A blue screen is indications of the Windows Operating system that notify users to take action otherwise damaged your computer in the future.
The root cause for page fault in the nonpaged area may be software or hardware and error related to the Memory Management system. It may be a problem in RAM (Random Access Memory) or Hard Drive.
The Non-paged (NONPAGED) area is a portion of memory that contains data that is essential for the system to run. This error usually occurs due to problems with hardware, such as corrupt sectors on the Hard disk or problem in RAM. In software sections, it may driver update or Windows Update issue.
Now we are going to discuss and fix the issues “page fault in nonpaged area” from the following steps-
How to Fix page fault in nonpaged area on Windows 10/8/7?
Table of Contents
Check Hard Drive Error Using CHKDSK Command
- Navigate to Start Menu, Search CMD and Run CMD as Administrator.
2. Type CHKDSK and press Enter.
3. Check Hard drive bad sector. If found any bad sector then repair Hard Drive.
2. Repair Windows Missing File Using SFC Command
- Navigate to Start Menu, Search CMD, and Run CMD as Administrator.
- type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
3. It will be taken some times after Repair you restart your computer.
3. Use Disk Cleanup Utility
Disk Clean-up is the best utility in windows 10. This utility first searches the unnecessary files then analyzing and removed them from the hard drive.
After the clean-up your hard drive your system performance can be increased. Because junk file, Temp File it’s decreased the system performance.
For Use Disk Clean-up Utility you following the step:-
- Click on Start, Search Disk Clean-up, Select Disk Clean-up.
- Select Drive.
- Select Files to delete, then click on OK.
- Now Disk Clean-up process has been started. It will be taken some time.
4. RAM test using Memory Diagnostic Tools
We know very well that page fault in nonpaged area issue occurs from Memory Management. Memory Diagnostic Tools is one of the best tools in the Windows Operating system that you can verify the status of RAM (Random Access Memory).
Use following steps to Run Memory Diagnostics Tools-
- Navigate To Star Menu, Type Memory, and select Windows Memory Diagnostic.
2. Click on Restart now and Check for Problems.
3. Memory Diagnostics tools use two steps for testing Your Memory then after you received the status after restart your computer.
5. Update Windows security and Display Driver
Windows Security and Driver also can be the reason for “page fault in nonpaged area” so you need to update your Windows Security and Driver also. You same you need to follow the following steps-
Windows Update Follow following steps-
- Click on the Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Update and Security (Windows Settings).
- Click on Check for Updates(Windows Update).
- If any update then Install Update between update It will restart your computer.
For Update Display Driver Follow Following steps-
- Press (Windows +R) and type hdwwiz.cpl
- Right Click, On Display Adaptors, and click on update driver.
3. After Update Driver Restart Your Computer.
6. Custom Virtual Memory Paging Size
A paging File is an area on Hard disk that Windows use as it were ram. For set Custom Virtual Memory follow following steps-
- Right, Click on Computer and select properties.
- Click on Advanced system settings from the left panel.
- Navigate to Advanced Tab, and Click on Performance settings.
- navigate to Advanced (Performance Options) and Click on Change.
- Uncheck “Automatically manage paging file size for all Drivers”
- Click on OK and Restart Computer.
7. Replace RAM slot or change RAM
RAM is one of the reasons for page fault in nonpaged area fro fix the issue you can clean RAM, removed the dust from RAM, and also from the socket. If you are using 2-3 RAM together need to Used RAM one by one and observer.
Hopefully from above all the concepts your issue “page fault in nonpaged area” can be removed.
Thanks For reading, Have a Nice Day.
You May Also Read..