If you are getting “The system cannot find the file specified issue”, then don’t worry because We are going to troubleshoot this issue from 11 ways.
If you are encounter or getting the issue when such as transferring the files to another drive, Installing Software, Creating Backup, Opening and Accessing Files and Folder then don’t worry my friends, because in This Articles fully discussion and troubleshoot about the system cannot find the file specified issue. We will request you that read this blog and follow all the steps that can be resolved your issue.
What is root cause of the system cannot find the file specified error?
The main root cause may be issue “the system cannot find the file specified’ issue are followings-
- The problem in Registry Files.
- Drivers Issue.
- Old Image File Issue.
- Bad Sector in Drive.
- Windows Update Issue.
- Backup Services can be stopped.
- System File missing or corrupter
- and Many more.
Now we are going to solve the issue “the system cannot find the file specified” on Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7.
How to Fix “the system cannot find the file specified” on Windows 10?
If you are getting this error “the system cannot find the file specified” on Windows 10. Windows 8, Windows 7, then you should follow following steps-
1. Check BAD Sector of HDD using CHKDSK Command
The system cannot find the file specified issue may be the reason for Bad Sector in the drive so first verify your Hard Drive Bad Sector using CHKDSK command.
How to Run CHKDSK?
For running CHKDSK follwo follwing steps-
- Navigate to start Menu and Search CMD.
- Right Click on CMD and Run As Administrator.
3. Type CHKDSK and Hit Enter.
4. Now you can check your Bad sector Of Hard Drive. If found any BAD sector in Hard drive repair. if not any Bad sector then follow another steps.
2. Run SFC utility for Repair Corrupted Files
SFC Scan file Checker) the utility is one of the best utility for repaired Corrupted file and Windows Missing file such as .DLL missing file. SFC file checker was first introduced on Windows 98 Operating System for prevented malicious attack, Corruptions, or repaired the such as .DLL missing file.
We use the SFC file for prevented from external attach, System File Repaired, and file corrupted.
How to Run SFC Command?
For run SFC command follow following steps-
- Navigate to Start Menu, and type CMD.
- Right, Click on CMD and Run As Administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow (For repair Windows File, Corrected File).
- if you want to only View then type – sfc /verifyonly for no repair.
3. Verify Your Disk Partition should be Active
If you are transferring some files from the inActive partition of the Hard Drive that can also create the issue “the system cannot find the file specified”. Your computer Disk Partition should be Active State.
How to set Partition is to Active?
For Set partition is to Active follow these easy steps-
- Press (Windows+R) run and type diskmgmt.msc.
- Right Click on Partition, and select Mark Partition as Active.
3. You should Read Cautions.if you want then after click on Yes.
Note:- Only mark a partition as active if it contains a functioning operating system. If the partition lacks an operating system making it active may cause your computer to stop working. Do you want to continue?
4. Format External Drive or USB drive
Sometimes it happens that you are able to transfer the files in Internal hard Drive but whenever try to transfer the file on an External Drive or USB getting an error such as “the system cannot find the file specified”.
How to Format Pen Drive using Command Prompt?
For format Pen drive using Command Prompt, you need to follow the following steps-
- Navigate to Start Menu and Search CMD.
- Right, Click on CMD and select Run as Administrator.
3. Type diskpart, and press enter.
4. type listvolume, and press enter.
5. Now you select the external Disk Using selectvolume press Enter.
6. Now type format fs=ntfs or fat32 quick
If you want to Format this Drive on NTFS partition then type NTFS. If you want to format Fat32 then used the fat32 command and Exit.
5. Restart Windows Backup Services
Windows backup services provide Windows Backup and restore capability. Sometimes backup services also can create the problem of the system cannot find the file specified issue. So you should always backup services on Restart Status.
How to Restart Windows Backup Services?
For restart or start backup services following these easy steps-
- Navigate to Run by using (Windows+ R).
- type services.msc and press Enter.
- Scroll Down and Right Click on Windows Backup Services and click on Start.
6. Open Libraries Folder
If you libraries folder is on hidden status that can be also create the issue of “the system cannot find the file specified” issue. You should always put your libraries folder on “Show Libraries Status“.
How to show Hidden libraries Folder on Windows 10?
For Show Hidden Library Folder on Windows 10 following these easy steps-
- Open This PC.
- Right Click on Computer Icon and select Show Libraries.
7. Check For Windows Latest Update
Windows Update provides the package of security and bug related update both hardware and software. Windows Update can be useful for the fix system cannot find the file specified.
For windows Update follwo follwing steps-
- Click on the Start button and select Settings.
- 2. Click on Update and Security (Windows Settings)
- Click on Check for Updates(Windows Update).
- If any update then Install Update between update It will restart your computer.
8. Scan from Antivirus Software
If in your computer have installed updated Antivirus then scan the Files or folder from Antivirus if you are using Windows 10 then Scan the File using Microsoft Windows Defender.
9. Delete Old Windows Files
If In computer has available old Windows Files. You should remove the Windows Old File because Some times created the problem of “system cannot find the file specified” issue.
10. Delete Profileimagepath Key
If you are transferring image file and you are getting this error such as then you should delete profile list image path key.
How to Delete Profileimagepath Key ?
For delete Profileimagepath you should follow these easy steps-
- Navigate to Run, Type regedit and press Enter.
- Once Registry Editor opens, then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
- If certain subkey doesn’t have ProfileImagePath value available or if its Data is empty, you need to delete that subkey. To do that, right click and select Delete.
11. Check Permission Of Files and Folder
If you are getting “the system cannot find the file specified” may be the reason for Permission of Folder or access of Devices. You should discuss your System Administrator because in some cases Antivirus and Domain have also a policy that you can not transfer any files.
So, This is all about the “the system cannot find the file specified” on Windows Computer.
The Fixes mentioned in this article will help you to solve the issue. All you need to do is follow these solutions one by one until the issue resolved.
We hope that you like this Article and helpful for fix your issue. So We will request this Articles with the users having same issue.
You can also Join Us from Social Media Pages Like Facebook and Twitter.
Thanks For Reading, Have A nice Day.
You may be Also Read..
- 5 ways to fix Not Detecting Second Monitor in Windows 10
- 9 way to Fix “Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration” Issue