Hey ! are you looking for troubleshooting windows update encountered an unknown code 80072EFE while update Windows 7, then this article is best for you.
Many People notice that when we do a clean installation and try to update Windows then this error comes. If you are getting an error message “Windows could not search for new updates, Windows Update encountered an unknown error Code 80072EFE”.
Root Cause of Windows Update encountered an unknown error Code 80072EFE :
- Starting or Shutdown the system while intsalling the system.
- Poor Connection of Internet.
- Malware attack.
- Outdated system Drivers.
Hey! are you want to look to solve Windows Update encountered an unknown code 80072EFE error, then follow this article.
How to fix “Windows Update encountered an unknown code 80072EFE”?
Table of Contents
1. Download and Install Offline update KB3138612
To download KB3138612 click on according to your OS version:-
if your problem is persisted after install an offline update then follow Method-2.
2. Repair Windows Using Windows SFC Utility
SFC Scan file Checker) the utility is one of the best utilities for repaired Corrupted files and Windows Missing files such as. DLL missing file. SFC file checker was first introduced on Windows 98 Operating System for prevented malicious attack, Corruptions, or repaired such as. DLL missing file.
We use the SFC file for prevented external attach, System File Repaired, and file corruption.
How to Run SFC Utility?
- Navigate to Start Menu, and type CMD.
- Right, Click on CMD and Run As Administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow (For repair Windows File, Corrected File).
- if you want to only View then type – sfc /verifyonly for no repair.
3. Fix Problem With Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows Update troubleshooter is the best solution for troubleshooting Windows Update encountered an unknown code 80072efe. To run Windows Update Troubleshooter follow these steps-
- Navigate to “Control panel” Set the view by the “Small Icon” and click on troubleshooting.
- In System and Security Sections, Click on Fix Problem Windows Update.
- Click Next to “Troubleshoot and help prevent computer problem” screen.
- When the troubleshooting process is complete then restart your computer and check for Windows Update.
Thanks For Reading, Have a Nice Day.